- Protect Our Homes and Hills has signed a settlement agreement with the developer of the Cielo Vista project (North County BRS) and will not oppose the project due to the additional concessions offered. Download the press release.
The Project Description
- The original Cielo Vista project proposes 112 dwelling units on 87 acres. The project has a new alternative, Alternative 5, which removes the homes behind Aspen and reduces the home density from behind Via del Agua from 95 to 83. A settlement agreement reached with the developer further constrains the project to 80 units.
- The project is not within Yorba Linda city limits, therefore all decisions related to this project will go through the County of Orange.
- Cielo Vista proposes that the main ingress and ingress will be provided off of Stonehaven/Via del Agua.
- The November 2008 Freeway Complex Fire burned this site down and stalled consideration of the projects.
- City of Yorba Linda, the Yorba Linda Water District, and the Local Agency Formation Commission (LAFCO) have all suggested the projects be considered as one project. Thus far the two project proponents continue to go their separate ways.
Environmental Review Process
- The County Board of Supervisors approved the project’s EIR and entitled the project at its December 13, 2016 meeting. The project now submitted its Vesting Map and Specific Plan to the Subdivision Committee for consideration and then went back to the Board for final approval.
- The Orange County Planning Commission recommended project approval and EIR certification for the Cielo Vista project at its March 9, 2016 meeting.
- The Final Environmental Impact Report was released on November 18, 2015. The December 2015 Planning Commission hearing was postponed.
- The Planning Commission held a Study Session October 14, 2015 to review the project.
- The Notice of Preparation for the Environmental Impact Report was released August 6, 2012.
- The Draft Environmental Impact Report was released for public review December 3, 2013. This document and its appendices can be found on the County website.
- Comments were originally due January 7, 2014 but the deadline was extended to January 22, 2014.
Maps on the Projects
Our Comment Letters
The Leadership Team for Protect Our Homes and Hills hired attorney Kevin Johnson and two experts to write substantive comments on the Draft Environmental Impact Report for the Cielo Vista project. Below are links to those PDFs:
- Fire (Public Safety) (4.33 MB PDF)
- Geology (881 KB PDF)
- Greenhouse Gas Emissions (642 KB PDF)
- Population and Housing (604 KB PDF)
- Alternatives Analysis (1.05 MB PDF)
- Annexation to the City of Yorba Linda (281 KB PDF)
- Cumulative Impacts, Noise and Oil Production (293 KB PDF)
- Project Description (427 KB PDF)