The Draft EIR for Esperanza Hills (340 homes in addition to Cielo Vista’s 112) is now out for comment. You can access online at http://ocplanning.net/
The date for responding to the Cielo Vista Draft EIR has officially been extended to January 7, 2014. We have been informed that the Cielo Vista developers want to have an informal open house to provide information on their 112 home development which is scheduled for:
December 16, 2013
6:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
Travis Ranch School
5200 Via de la Escuela, Yorba Linda
The format is that of an open house between 6:30 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. RSVPs are not required.
The POHAH Leadership Team will be meeting next week to discuss responses to the draft EIRs and also to discuss this “Open House”. Some are of the opinion that we should blast Supervisor Spitzer’s Office and County Planning with letters and emails protesting the developer having this open house right before the Holidays where many residents may be out of town or otherwise engaged in family festivities.
If you have been attending or watching the Yorba Linda City Council Meetings lately, you may already be aware that the City has contracted with a firm to review and respond to both Draft EIRs on behalf of the City. I have read through quite a bit of these documents and I can say we are in for a real hard time if these go through as proposed. Some highlights are, but not limited to:
– Primary proposals would provide access to ALL 452 HOMES off Stonehaven/Via del Aqua (to include emergency egress as well)
– An additional parcel (Bridal Hills) which is currently not among the first two developments would add another 38 homes in the future
– The traffic mitigation addressed in the Draft EIRs is merely adding a traffic signal at Via De Aqua and Yorba Linda Boulevard!
– Grading alone may take TWO YEARS
– Construction may be phased to start as early as late 2014 but may last up to SEVEN YEARS
– Other access options which require a lot of mechanics to achieve, may be access by Esperanza Hills to San Antonio via Aspen (in lieu of Stonehaven/Aqua) OR IN ADDITION to Stonehaven/Aqua, a new road cut through the canyon BEHIND the San Antonio Homes down almost to
Yorba Linda Boulevard!
I know this is a very busy time for all of us, but please do your best and read through these DEIRs, particularly the Land Use and Zoning, Housing, and Traffic sections. Please make it a point to respond to these in any event. We have heard that Supervisor Spitzer may organize a “town hall” meeting on these developments but we haven’t heard anything concrete on that as of yet.
More information to follow, and we will confirm the Cielo Vista Open House.
Marlene Nelson, Member
Protect Our Homes and Hills