Dust off your red shirts! The City is arranging to give away OUR parkland to benefit a developer!
We need you to attend at this important meeting!
The City of Yorba Linda Planning Commission is now set to make the first in a series of approvals on the San Antonio access to Esperanza Hills this Wednesday, October 28 at 6:30 PM at City Hall (4845 Casa Loma). View the agenda by following this link.
The City staff is recommending adoption of the Esperanza Hills Parkway–the roadway down San Antonio Canyon–stating that it conforms with the the City of Yorba Linda General Plan.
We wholly disagree!
We need YOU to show up on Wednesday night and testify before the Planning Commission to urge them to reject this road for any number of reasons:
- The land has been designated open space and parkland since the development was approved in the early 1980s.
- The City’s designation as open space does not include roadways as an acceptable use per the City’s General Plan and Zoning Code.
- The developer’s own General Disclosures for this development (Tract 9813) states that these lands are set aside as open space and parkland, including information on the development tract map that the land is “Not a Building Site.”
- The homeowners along lower San Antonio bought their houses with the knowledge that the land behind them was never to be developed as part of the Warmington Homes community.
- The homeowners on Dorinda may soon have their property in jeopardy due to the removal of the toe of the hill below them to allow for the construction of the roadway.
It is time to show up in full force in your red shirts this Wednesday! Be prepared to speak up and have your voice heard.
If not you, then who? If not now, then when?